Frequently Asked Questions
If you need further assistance with ACPE or CE questions, please contact us at 803.354.9977 or email@example.com.
- I am a South Carolina pharmacy technician or a licensed pharmacist. May I attend a CE program accredited by other organizations?
In addition to SCPhA, there are many ACPE accredited providers around the state and country. Please see www.acpe-accredit.org for a list of all accredited CE providers. All ACPE providers must meet the same standards for approving pharmacy continuing education programs. This means that your CE does NOT have to be physically earned in South Carolina in order to count towards South Carolina license/registration renewal. However, it is the responsibility of the participant to make sure the program would be acceptable for credit in South Carolina based on requirements identified above.
- I am a pharmacist; may I attend technician only ('T' designated) CE courses?
You can participate in “T” designated CE courses, but your statement of credit will reflect this designation. If you participated in this course after January 1, 2008 this will not be acceptable to the Board of Pharmacy for pharmacist license renewal. All professionals are encouraged to participate in continuing education programs appropriate to their skill level and area of practice.
- I attended a CE course but lost my statement of credit. How do I obtain a copy?
Effective August 1, 2013 paper statements of credit are no longer issued. Be sure to visit http://www.nabp.net to obtain a NABP eID and check credits uploaded to your CPE Monitor. CPE credits issued prior to August 1, 2013 can be reprinted free of charge to members as a member benefit. A nominal fee is charged to non-members for reprints. Regardless of your membership status, we do ask that you complete the request form and return it to SCPhA allowing 5 days for processing. Please go to www.scrx.org for the CE Statement of Credit Reprint Request Printable form or to submit the request online.
- I am a pharmacy technician; may I attend pharmacist only ('P' designated) CE courses?
You can participate in “P” designated CE courses, but your statement of credit will reflect this designation. All professionals are encouraged to participate in continuing education programs appropriate to their skill level and area of practice.
- Where can I find my NABP e-ID?
Please visit NABP’s website for directions on how to sign up for or locate your NABP eID.
- What are the Continuing Education requirements for Pharmacists and Technicians in SC?
Please visit the SC Board of Pharmacy for the most up-to-date information on licensing, CE and more!
- What are the PTCB Education requirements for Technician Recertification?
Please visit the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board for the current requirements.