Mission & Objectives
The mission of the Association shall be to serve its members, enabling them to advance the practice and science of pharmacy.
- Association Objectives
To accomplish its mission, the objectives of this Association shall be:
- To promote, elevate and expand the practice of the individual pharmacist;
- To provide leadership for the profession in legislative and regulatory matters and health policy issues;
- To provide leadership for the profession in the areas of specializing and credentialing in pharmacy practice;
- To promote the American Pharmacists Association Code of Professional Ethics to ensure the public of high standards of conduct in professional practice;
- To promote and assist in effective application of science and scientific information and principles in the practice of pharmacy;
- To encourage development of progressive payment methodologies for the full range of pharmacy services;
- To promote the safe, effective and rational use of medications, therapeutic agents and medical devices for the prevention of illness, treatment of a medical condition or maintenance of health;
- To provide information, programs and support systems to assist pharmacists in their ongoing career development, leadership development and professional growth.
Policy and Position Statements
SCPhA has taken a position on many issues. This includes our official decision to support, encourage or oppose specific issues.