Mission and Role
The mission of the House of Delegates: As its “owner-representative”, the Board will devote time and energy to considering the interests of SCPhA’s membership, with the House of Delegates being a pivotal component of this “linkage.”
- House of Delegates Role
1. The House of Delegates will maintain authority over:
- Amendments to the Association’s Constitution and Bylaws.
- Decisions regarding expulsion of a member for improper professional conduct or violation of obligations under the Constitution and Bylaws of the Association.
2. The House of Delegates will also serve in an advisory role to the Board, providing policy input, particularly in the formulation of SCPhA’s Ends policies and on public position statements of SCPhA.
- The Board’s annual cycle of reviewing and reconsidering Ends will include a plan for garnering and incorporating House of Delegates’ input into that process.
SCPhA Delegate Code of Ethics
- Read Full Code of Ethics
As a representative in the House of Delegates I will:
- Listen carefully to my teammates, and constituents I serve,
- Respect the opinion of my fellow representatives,
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the House,
- Recognize that all authority is vested in the House of Delegates when it meets in legal session and not with individual House representatives,
- Keep well-informed of developments that are relevant to issues that may come before the House,
- Participate actively in House meetings,
- Call to the attention of the House any issues that I believe will have an adverse effect on our association and our profession,
- Attempt to interpret the needs of constituents to the House and interpret the action of the House to the constituents,
- Declare any conflicts of interest between my personal life and my position in the House of Delegates, and avoid voting on issues that appear to be a conflict of interest.
As a representative in the House of Delegates I will not:
- Be critical, in or outside of the House meetings, of fellow House representatives or their opinions,
- Use the House or any part of the Association for my personal advantage or the personal advantage of my friends or relatives,
- Discuss the confidential proceedings of the House outside the House of Delegates meeting.
Fundamentals of the Rules of Order [pdf]
How to Submit a Resolution Flow Chart [pdf]
SCPhA House of Delegates Members
There are four (4) regions outlined in the state from which delegates will be elected each year. The number of delegates allotted will be determined based upon the number of active members in that region as of January 1st of each year. Each region will be allowed one (1) delegate per fifty (50) active members, or the greater fraction thereof.
*To be considered an active member, you must be a graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy and be a current member of SCPhA.