About the Junior Board Program
SCPhA is pleased to offer pharmacy students the opportunity to learn the ropes of being a leader in the profession through our Junior Board Member program, where students will be matched with a mentor from the SCPhA Board of Directors and gain invaluable experience in association activities. Junior Board Members serve a one-year term, beginning with the August board meeting and running through SCPhA’s Annual Convention in June
- Junior Board Member Program Details
Junior Board Members will be expected to…
- Serve as a liaison between SCPhA and their school. Assist with promoting events to students, encouraging involvement, and spreading the mission of SCPhA to fellow classmates.
- Attend all Board Meetings. SCPhA’s Board meets 6 times a year (every other month, typically the first Tuesday of August, October, December, February, April, and June, though subject to change) at the SCPhA Office in Columbia, SC (or virtually, depending on current environment)
- Attend House of Delegates Meetings. SCPhA House of Delegates meetings are typically held one Sunday in November and February, and at the Annual Convention in June.
- Participate in all committee meetings in which mentor is involved. Most committees meet via conference call.
- Complete a mentor-assigned project. Mentors will work with Junior Board Members to complete a project related to leadership development, organizational operations, and/or improvement of association-related activities and events.
- Attend SCPhA’s Annual Convention in June. Participate in CE’s, events and assist as needed.
- Must be a P2-P4 student at a pharmacy school in South Carolina
- Must be a member in good standing of SCPhA
- Requirements are subject to change, please check back before applying
Deadline to Apply
Meet Our 2022-23 Junior Board Members
Nikki Chen, UofSCJBM Spokesperson
Cicely Major, UofSCMeeting Coordinator
Thuy Kieu, UofSCUSC-Greenville Community Outreach Chair, Pharmacy Nights Chair
Gabby Hill, PresbyterianPC Community Outreach Chair, Social Media Chair
CharLeigh Steverson, UofSCUSC Community Outreach Chair, Legislative Chair
Jacob Jordan, UofSCMUSC Community Outreach Chair, Legislative Chair