Why Become a Student Member of SCPhA?
A Student Membership at SCPhA grants you all of the normal SCPhA member benefits, plus additional benefits that have been created just for students– at a much cheaper rate! As a student, you pay just $20/year or a one-time payment of $50 for the duration of pharmacy school!
- Student Member Benefits
Network and build relationships with other students, professors and pharmacy professionals at several SCPhA networking events throughout the year.
Discounts on Event Registrations
We understand that students often have a tight budget when they are in school. We offer significant discounts on event registrations to our student members. Our student members can also apply for scholarships to assist with event registration costs!
Subscriptions to Publications
Students receive web subscriptions to SCPhA’s Palmetto Pharmacist journal and Small Doses newsletter.
Student-Only Social Functions
Network with your peers at student-only SCPhA functions!
When students are approaching graduation, our Career Center is a great resource to browse current job openings and post their resume.
Junior Board Member Program
Student members have the opportunity to gain great experience by serving on SCPhA’s Junior Board.
Student Event Scholarships & Discounts
One of the most valuable benefits of SCPhA membership is the opportunity to network with colleagues at member events. We know that attendance for these events can be pricey, which is why SCPhA and the South Carolina Pharmacy Foundation provide scholarships for deserving pharmacy students. Scholarship money is provided by other SCPhA members who love giving back and supporting pharmacy students.
- Student Scholarship Details
Scholarships are available for SCPhA’s Annual Convention, and the Southeastern Women of Pharmacy Leadership Weekend. Students may apply to one, or both, as they are not limited to receiving only one scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE: Scholarships only cover the cost of event registration. Students will still be financially responsible for the cost of lodging and any meals not mentioned in registration costs.
Scholarships must be submitted no later than 6 weeks prior to the date of the event. Exact deadline dates TBD.
Junior Board Member Program
SCPhA is pleased to offer pharmacy students the opportunity to learn the ropes of being a leader in the profession through our Junior Board Member program, where students will be matched with a mentor from the SCPhA Board of Directors and gain invaluable experience in association activities. Junior Board Members serve a one-year term, beginning with the August board meeting and running through SCPhA’s Annual Convention in June.
- Junior Board Member Program Details
Junior Board Members will be expected to…
- Serve as a liaison between SCPhA and their school. Assist with promoting events to students, encouraging involvement, and spreading the mission of SCPhA to fellow classmates.
- Attend all Board Meetings. SCPhA’s Board meets 6 times a year (every other month, typically the first Tuesday of August, October, December, February, April, and June, though subject to change) at the SCPhA Office in Columbia, SC (or virtually, depending on current environment)
- Attend House of Delegates Meetings. SCPhA House of Delegates meetings are typically held one Sunday in November and February, and at the Annual Convention in June.
- Participate in all committee meetings in which mentor is involved. Most committees meet via conference call.
- Complete a mentor-assigned project. Mentors will work with Junior Board Members to complete a project related to leadership development, organizational operations, and/or improvement of association-related activities and events.
- Attend SCPhA’s Annual Convention in June. Participate in CE’s, events and assist as needed.
- Must be a P2-P4 student at a pharmacy school in South Carolina
- Must be a member in good standing of SCPhA
- Requirements are subject to change, please check back before applying
SCPhA offers several MPJE Resources to students, including MPJE Review Materials that can be purchased online.