The South Carolina Pharmacy Association is the premier membership organization representing pharmacy professionals in South Carolina. Members of SCPhA are found in every practice setting, from academia to hospital to chain/retail to independent pharmacy owners. SCPhA offers a wide variety of member benefits, including legislative advocacy, important communications, networking opportunities, continuing education, and more.
SCPhA is pleased to offer pharmacy students the opportunity to learn the ropes of being a leader in the profession through our Junior Board Member program. Students of pharmacy will be matched with sitting members of the SCPhA Board of Directors. During the year, students and board members are paired together. Junior Board Members will be mentored by the current leaders of the state organization and learn the steps and skills necessary for a transition to leadership in a state pharmacy organization. Students will gain invaluable experience in association activities such as committee work, policy development, project completion and implementation, and public presentations. Applicants entering this program will be a Junior Board Member for one year, beginning July 1st and running through Annual Convention in June.
- Be a liaison between SCPhA and your school. Assist with promoting events to students, encouraging involvement, and spreading the mission of SCPhA to fellow classmates.
- Attend all board meetings: SCPhA’s Board meets 6 times a year (every other month, typically the first Tuesday of August, October, December, February, April, June, though subject to change) at the SCPhA Office in Columbia, SC (or virtually depending on current environment).
- Attend House of Delegates Meetings: Typically held one Sunday in November and February and at the Annual Convention in June.
- Participate in all committee meetings in which mentor is involved: Most committees meet via conference call.
- Complete mentor-assigned project: Mentors will work with Junior Board Members to complete a project that will be related to leadership development, organizational operations, and/or improve association-related activities and events.
- Attend SCPhA’s Annual Convention: Held in June. Participate in CE’s, events and assist if needed.
Process for Application:
How do I apply?
- Submit an application “Apply to be a Junior Board Member” using the link below.
- Provide two individuals to recommend them (use “Personal Reference Form” below).
Deadline is April 15
Junior Board Members will receive:
- Invaluable experience in leadership
- A network of influential pharmacy industry contacts
- Financial assistance for SCPhA’s Annual Convention
The objective of the program is to give a new pharmacist all the skills required to become an active and productive leader of the state organization soon after graduation.
- Must be a P2 – P4 student at pharmacy school in South Carolina.
- Must be a member in good standing of the South Carolina Pharmacy Association.
- REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK BACK BEFORE APPLYING.